The O'Malley-Brown campaign team sent out an email today firing the latest shot in the Maryland vs. Virginia battle. It seems Maryland's Governor is staking a claim to creating eight times as many private sector jobs as Virginia in 2011. See an excerpt below:
Now that you've had time to celebrate the New Year, we wanted to share a quick look back at 2011 and give you an idea of what's ahead.
Last week, Governor O'Malley briefed the media on the balanced approach we've taken together over the past year to move forward.
Here are a few highlights:Maryland Juice continues to question the assertion that Maryland is not business-friendly.
- Through November, we created 26,700 new jobs in 2011
- We had the largest single-month drop in the unemployment rate since 1984
- Our schools continue to rank #1 in the nation
- Crime is at its lowest level since 1975
- We met the spending affordability committee guidelines for 5 years
- We remain one of only eight states to maintain a Triple A bond rating, certified by all three rating agencies
- Together, we expanded health care to 300,000 previously uninsured Marylanders--more than half of whom are childrenLooking forward, we'll continue to remain focused on our number one priority of creating and saving jobs through a balanced approach of tough, targeted choices that spur job creation....