UPDATE: Delegate Anne Kaiser Tweets that the final split was 25-22 for justice! Meanwhile, The Washington Post reports the roll call. GOP Senator Allan Kittleman was the only Republican vote for marriage equality. The Democratic Senators who voted against marriage equality are:
- Astle, John, Anne Arundel
- Benson, Joanne, Prince George’s
- Currie, Ulysses, Prince George’s - Recently Censured for Shady Behavior
- DeGrange, James, Anne Arundel
- Dyson, Roy, St. Mary’s
- Mathias, James, Worcester
- Middleton, Thomas, Charles
- Miller, Thomas V. Mike, Calvert - Our Democratic Party "Leader" in the Senate
- Muse, C. Anthony, Prince George’s
- Peters, Douglas, Prince George’s
- Stone, Norman, Baltimore County - Voted to Ban Interracial Marriage
Maryland Juice is proud to report that the State Senate has approved marriage equality legislation today. After last week's historic passage in the Maryland House, the bill will head to Governor Martin O'Malley's desk for a signature. Well done, Dems (+3 Republicans between the House & Senate).
Get your party on today, but tomorrow start gearing up to win the hearts and minds of your friends, family, colleagues and neighbors. We're not in the clear yet.